The following basic rule applies to the booking and canceling deadlines of the Faculty of Philosophy:
Modules can be booked and cancelled up to 2 weeks after the start of the course. In addition, modules can still be booked during two days, but can no longer be cancelled.
The booking deadlines are binding in all cases. Please note that for modules offered by other faculties, the booking deadlines of the respective faculty apply.
The module booking will start at the Faculty of Philosophy in the following order:
- Institute of Psychology: Mondays, 10.00 am, week 5 (spring semester) and week 35 (autumn semester)
- Institute for Political Science IPZ and Institute for Communication Science and Media Research IKMZ: Tuesdays, 10.00 a.m., week 5 and week 35 respectively
- All other institutes: Wednesdays, 10.00 am, week 5 and week 35
Binding nature of module bookings and obligations of students
The Department of Political Science refers to the obligations of students in connection with booking modules:
- The booking must be made in due time.
- After the end of the cancellation period, the booking is binding - this also applies to the booking of two-semester modules.
- With the booking the students are registered for proof of achievement - conversely, the participation in the proof of achievement requires the booking.
- Students are recommended to print out their bookings in the booking tool and keep the receipt.
Provision of assessments in modules
By booking a module you automatically announce the provision of the assessment announced in the course catalogue. If you do not provide proof of this assessment, this is noted in the transcript of records as "not fulfilled".