Submission and Notification
Participation is competitive and limited to 20 participants.
By April 15th the Summer School office circulates the notifications of acceptance. Those who are offered places will be asked to confirm their participation within one week.
The registration fee is 700 CHF (plus VAT) and includes:
- lunches and coffee breaks,
- all group activities.
If no accommodation is needed, the fee is 450 CHF.
A reduced fee applies to doctoral students whose host institution is member of the Swiss PhD-Network Democracy Studies:
- 450 CHF (with accommodation),
- 250 CHF (without accommodation)
Terms and Conditions
Invoices are sent immediately after confirmation of participation. The fee payment must be made by 15 May 2019.
- Cancellations made prior to 2 June 2019: Full refund less an administrative charge of CHF 50.00
- Cancellations made between 2 June and 16 June 2019: Refund of fifty percent less an administrative charge of CHF 50.00
- Cancellations made after 16 June 2019: No refund to be made.
Participants registered for workshops cancelled by the Summer School organizers will be entitled to a full refund.
A letter confirming participation can be issued once the participant has paid the fee.
A limited number of grants is available for participants who submitted an excellent research proposal but can't get funding from their home institution or from elsewhere. There is a separate application process (application form (DOCX, 131 KB)), but applying doesn't guarantee success.
The deadline for applications is 15 April 2019.