DPDS seeks motivated students from all over the world who:
- Are interested in democracy issues
- Hold a MA in Political Science, Media and Communication Science, Philosophy or in a related social science discipline
- Are fluent in English
- Have not yet started with their PhD or are in an initial phase
- Bring their own funding (DPDS does not offer any scholarships or positions)
Required Application Materials
A complete application consists of:
- Statement of purpose (incl. indication of subject of doctoral studies)
- Copy of diploma(s)
- Research proposal (3-5 pages)
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- 2 Support letters from possible supervisors
DPDS may request additional academic documents, as needed.
Merged into one PDF file, applicants send their application to Dr. Doreen Spörer-Wagner.
Deadline for applications:
- 30 November (start spring semester)
- 31 May (start fall semester)
The Board of Directors decides on admission to DPDS. There is no right of admission.
Applicants will be notified by e-mail when a decision is available, normally by December 15 respectively June 15.
Admitted candidates follow the further application procedure as indicated on the website of the Graduate School PhF.