The DPDS seeks motivated students from all over the world who:
- Are interested in democracy issues,
- Hold a MA in political science, media and communication science, philosophy or in a related social science discipline,
- Are fluent in English,
- Have not yet started with their PhD or are in an initial phase, and
- Bring their own funding (hold a job, a fellowship or other).
Main steps of application
Application (in ONE pdf file) to the DPDS program coordinator
- A letter of motivation incl. written statement on how the applicants are going to cover their living expenses (the DPDS does not offer any positions or scholarships),
- Research proposal (max. 5 pages),
- Copy of diplomas,
- Two letters of recommendation (not older than 2 years, provided by professors one of whom should be a prospective main supervisor).
- 1 June (autumn semester)
- 1 December (spring semester)
The DPDS board of directors (BoD) decides about the admission of applicants.