Submission and Notification
*** Application for the 2021 Summer School is closed. Further openings will be communicated in due time.***
Participation is competitive and limited to 20 participants.
By April 15th the Summer School office circulates the notifications of acceptance. Those who are offered places will be asked to confirm their participation within one week.
1. The registration fee for external students is 700 CHF (plus VAT) and includes:
- accommodation (if no accommodation is needed, the fee is 450 CHF),
- lunches and coffee breaks,
- all group activities.
2. A reduced fee applies to Swiss inter-university students ( Swiss PhD-Network Democracy Studies):
- 450 CHF (with accommodation),
- 250 CHF (without accommodation)
3. There is no fee for UZH-students.
Terms and Conditions
Invoices are sent immediately after confirmation of participation. The fee payment must be made by 15 August 2020.
- Cancellations made prior to 25 April 2021: Full refund less an administrative charge of CHF 50.00
- Cancellations made between 26 April and 1 June 2021: Refund of fifty percent less an administrative charge of CHF 50.00
- Cancellations made after 1 June 2021: No refund to be made.
Participants registered for workshops cancelled by the Summer School organizers will be entitled to a full refund.
A letter confirming participation can be issued once the participant has paid the fee.
A very limited number of grants is available for participants who submitted an excellent research proposal but can't get funding from their home institution or from elsewhere. There is a separate application process (application form (DOCX, 45 KB)), but applying doesn't guarantee success.
The deadline for grant applications is 15 July 2020.