Submission and Notification
Interested young scholars can fill the application form online and will be notified per email one month after the application deadline. Those who are offered places will be asked to confirm their participation within one week. Participation is competitive and limited to 20 participants.
1. The registration fee for external students is 700 CHF (plus VAT) and includes:
- accommodation (if no accommodation is needed, the fee is 450 CHF),
- lunches and coffee breaks,
- all group activities.
2. A reduced fee applies to Swiss inter-university students (Swiss PhD-Network Democracy Studies):
- 450 CHF (with accommodation),
- 250 CHF (without accommodation)
3. There is no fee for UZH-students.
Terms and Conditions
Invoices are sent after confirmation of participation. The fee payment must be made within 30 days.
- Cancellations made two months before: Full refund less an administrative charge of CHF 50.00
- Cancellations made one month before: Refund of fifty per cent less an administrative charge of CHF 50.00
- Cancellations made two weeks before: No refund to be made.
Participants registered for workshops cancelled by the Summer School organizers will be entitled to a full refund.
A letter confirming participation can be issued once the participant has paid the registration fee.
A very limited number of grants is available for participants who submitted an excellent research proposal but cannot get funding from their home institutions or from elsewhere. There is a separate application process for grants. Please note that due to the limited funds available, the application process is competitive, and success is not guaranteed.