Please follow the steps below if you intend to apply for a student exchange at UZH:
- As a precondition to take part in a student exchange at UZH, you need to be nominated by your home university.
- After you have been nominated for a student exchange, you will receive an email with the link to the online application form.
- Please fill in the application form and upload the required application documents on Mobility Online. You will receive the login for the database in due time. Please find more information about the application documents below.
- Current transcript of records: The transcript can be issued in the national language of your home university. If you do not have a transcript available yet, please upload a copy of your certificate of qualification for university entrance.
- A copy of your passport / identity card
- Passport-sized photograph (max. 500x500 pixel)
- Proof of language skills: Students who intend to take courses in German or English Literature and Linguistic, must proof their proficiency at the level of C1 as defined by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) in the respective language, if it is not their mother tongue.
- For all other students, UZH recommends a minimum level of B2 (CEFR) in the language of instruction. A proof of your language skills is not mandatory, however, the departmental coordinator at UZH can ask for it.
- Proof of Bachelor/Undergraduate degree: Mandatory for students who want to study at Master's level at UZH. If you do not have your Bachelor’s diploma available yet, please submit the application nevertheless and upload a copy of your Bachelor degree as soon as you have received it.
The International Coordinator at the Political Science Department of your home university selects and nominates students for the exchange and forwards their application documents to IPZ. The final decision on acceptance lies with the International Coordinator at IPZ. If you are accepted as an exchange student, you will receive a letter of confirmation as well as further information regarding your stay at IPZ, and the University of Zurich.
Applications must be received by IPZ no later than 30 April for an exchange in the fall semester or for a full academic year, and 30 September for an exchange in the spring semester. The application deadlines at your home university may be earlier, please ask the International Coordinator at the Political Science Department of your home university for further information.