In order to apply for the exchange program, you need to be selected by the International Coordinator of the Political Science Department at your home university.
After you have been nominated by your home university, you have to fill out the online application form of the International Office at UZH. After having submitted this form, you will receive an e-mail with your application form attached. Then, you need to print this form, sign it, and submit it with the following documents in English or German to the International Coordinator of the Political Science Department at your home university:
- online application form for the academic year 2016/17
application form (see button "Online Application, click here")
- curriculum vitae
- proof of registration (copy only) at your home university
- your university-entrance qualification or high school diploma and transcript of records (copies of the original documents with certified translation in German or English)
- If you intend to take courses in German: proof of German language skills at level C1 (according to the Common European Framework), issues by the Goethe Institute or the German Department at your home university (for native speakers)
- If English is not your first language, and you intend to take courses in English: proof of good language skills in English (approximately level C1 according to the Common European Framework)
- two standard passport photos (or jpg-file)
- a copy of your passport (page with identification information)
- visa application form (if you need a visa for your stay in Switzerland)
Your home university may require additional forms and documents. Please contact the International Coordinator at your Political Science Department for further information.
Please submit your application, with all documents required, to the International Coordinator at the Political Science Department of your home university, and note that IPZ does not accept any applications submitted directly by students of our partner universities.
The International Coordinator at the Political Science Department of your home university selects and nominates students for the exchange and forwards their application documents to IPZ. The final decision on acceptance lies with the International Coordinator at IPZ. If you are accepted as an exchange student, you will receive a letter of confirmation as well as further information regarding your stay at IPZ, and the University of Zurich.
Applications must be received by IPZ no later than 30 April for an exchange in the fall semester or for a full academic year, and 30 September for an exchange in the spring semester. The application deadlines at your home university may be earlier, please ask the International Coordinator at the Political Science Department of your home university for further information.