Transition from BA to MA

If I have too many credit points at the end of my Bachelor’s studies, can I transfer the spare points to my Master’s studies?

No, unfortunately this is not possible at the Faculty of Arts at the University of Zurich. Credit points, which have been obtained during one’s Bachelor’s Degree, can't be transferred to one's Master’s Degree.

I will have completed my major in Political Science at UZH by the end of this semester. After that I will just have a couple of modules for my minor(s) left. Can I already enroll in the Master's program in Political Science by next semester; respectively may I already take Master's courses for my major from next semester on?

No. This is not possible at the Faculty of Arts at UZH. You need to have completed the total of 180 credit points, before you can start your Master's studies and register for Master's modules. Read more on the subject here.

I am currently studying for a Bachelor of Arts (BA) with a major in Political Science at UZH and furthermore intend to apply for a Master of Arts (MA) with a major in Political Science at UZH. How do I proceed?

Your first step will be to apply for the Bachelor's diploma. You can do this twice a year at the Dean's office.

Your second step will be to change your degree program from BA to MA and to state the subjects you wish to study (including your minor(s)). You can do this in the process of completing your Semester enrollment online. Your admission to the chosen fields of study will be audited by the UZH and you will be notified about the decision. In case you are admitted to the chosen subject areas, you will also be informed as to whether the admission is subject to any restrictions and / or conditions.